My, my, my. Well, I have camera issues, so pictures will have to hold off for a bit. But I will get it straight. My trip to Florida was somewhat enjoyable. It was an eight hour drive, but we were on a charter bus. So it wasn't too bad. We thought we were going down there to train in our military jobs, but that turned out to be different. We got hooked into working for civilians. We were divided into three groups working on three different jobs. The group I was with was taking apart carousels with metal racks on them. They were set up in two rows. Our commander didn't think we could finish the first row in the first week, so we made it a bet. If we did, he had to take our group of 12 or 13 out to dinner. We did, so he paid. We went to this steak and seafood restaraunt on the St. Johns River. He said get whatever we wanted. I had a few screwdrivers, escargot, and pan seared Atlantic Swordfish. The bill totaled 938.00!! (That's over 569.00 British Pounds!) He might think before talking next time.
We also visited Universal Studios. That was fun, but it would not have been if I had paid. The offered free tickets to military. They were $100.00 US dollars or over 60 Birtish pounds. Lines were long. Some rides were over two hour waits to get on them. We went to the beach one day, and that was fun, too. I went and bought a boogey board and did a little body surfing. We had a pool party on our last day, then some of us went shopping. I went along, but I bought nothing. Most of what I was wanting is really out of my price range (Movado watches lol). I have some pics of the trip, but they will have to wait till later :(
I guess I've been tagged so I must share about myself. Umm.....
1) I love peanut butter candies...like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, peanut butter fudge, etc.
2) I have a job in accounting, but I was horrible at math...I failed two math classes in high school and had to retake them to graduate!! (I hated math, too)
3) Mike and I both enjoy fishing. My parents live on the water, and everytime we go visit he takes his poles and spends hours fishing. I fish there, too, but not as long as he does.
4) I enjoy traveling....my life goal is to visit all 50 US States and all seven continents. I am only lacking two states...Alaska and Hawaii, and only two continents...Australia and Antartica. The only one that may be questionable is Antartica, but I ain't giving up hope!!
5) When it comes to food, I'll try anything once. I've eaten live termites, live crabs, zebra, giraffe, ostrich, crocodile, snails, and even some foods in other countries that I didn't even know what they were.
6) We both enjoy entertaining. We like having friends and/or family over for dinner and drinks, especially if we can cook on the grill!!
I don't know that many other people, yet, so I will only be tagging...John @ Going Gently, Berte @ River Bend, Paula @ Fraker Farm, Becca @ Southern Garden by Becca, and Cal @ Cozy Corner. If you've already been tagged, please disregard. : D