Monday, July 6, 2009

No More Holiday : (

Well, my little holiday is all over. What a very sad thought. I have returned to the chain gang. I didn't go to the beach. Some things came up. I had some business affairs that I needed to take care of this past week. Isn't that a lovely way to spend a holiday? I did have a nice 4th of July. Mike and I drove to my parents' home on Friday. Then my mom and I went shopping. We picked up a whole pig that I cooked for the holiday. My niece and nephew were at my parents' also. Then on Saturday all my brothers and sisters and their spouses and children were there. I wish I had taken a picture of the pig, but I didn't take any pics at all that day! How dumb of me. We had a good time, though. Oh!!! Elvis came home!! He showed up Thursday evening!! He almost got shot at with a pellet gun. Prissy is in heat, and this male cat keeps hanging around. So we have to shoot "at" him with a pellet gun (not shoot him) to scare him off. He's black like Elvis. So at first we thought Elvis was this black cat. Anyway, he's been in my bedroom since Thursday. His food, water, and litter box are in there, temporarily for sure. He's eating, drinking, and pottying, but rarely comes out of the room. That's not like him. Hope he's back to his old self soon.

Here's the beginning of the new coop. We obviously have not finished yet. I haven't gotten the wire either. I think it will be nice when it is finished. It's hard to find the time to do all the things I want to do around the house, though.
These are a couple of the ladies waiting on the new coop. At least I think that's how we're gonna do it. I think the Buffs and the Sex Links will go to the new one. We will see if I ever get it finished. One of my Buffs is in with Perogi. She has four eggs that I'm hoping she's gonna hatch for me. I just wanna see what the kids will look like. LOL!
I need to get outta here. I have some fuel reports that are not matching up. I'm even coming up short 500 miles on one. I'm sure it's a simple mistake, but they're getting old. There's always at least one that is wrong every month. Wish me luck! Have a good one, y'all!!

2 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Glad you had good visits with relatives. The coop is coming along. Before long they will have their own space.

bubble said...

glad you had a good holiday with your family :) and i am real pleased that Elvis came home! i do hope he gets back to normal soon for you.

Amy :) x