Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chicks On The Way

Well, things have been alright lately. Mike and I have been working hard to put away for a trip to Beeville, Texas this summer. Our stuff has been in storage for over 5 years. That's been too much money. So we're saving to get it all back. We've got some important stuff we can't get rid of. No specific dates yet. But we're working on it.

In the meantime, the birds are all doing great. We've got several hens sitting on eggs, all bantams. Well, one Black Australorp will be sitting soon I hope, too. I've also ordered 25 chicks from McMurray Hatchery. I ordered the rainbow layers, a variety of good laying hens. So it will be interesting to see what we get. They are due to ship on April 16th. I'm soooooo excited!!! I can't wait!

It's been nice chatting with some of you on Facebook! I'm on there regularly. If you're not my friend already, please stop by. www.facebook.com/ranman.pete

Hope you're you're all well!!

14 comments:

Jimmy said...

I'm just learning how to use Facebook. Pardon the mistakes.

Nekkid Chicken said...

Awe Man! Are you saying there is a remote possibility our families can meet up say for dinner at Shortys? Wooo Hoo! We butchered our first sow today just got done tasting the meat. Must say she turned out quite tasty.

Take care,
Mal

LindaG said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Saving for a trip is not an easy thing. I do know that for sure. Good luck to you with that, and with your chicks, too! :)

joanne said...

hope all goes well for the trip...I'll head on over to FB and see what's up!

Christine H. said...

I'm always glad to her a sign of life over here. i sure hope your job is going well and that you're happy and healthy...and not working too hard.

Cat said...

Sounds like you've got a plan, that always helps when trying to whittle down 'stuff'. Hope the chicks do well!

Cat

John Going Gently said...

randy nice to have you back on the blog....keep up your blog mately some of us dont go on facebook!!!!

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

nice to see you blogging again. i don't write as often as i use to, but it's wonderful to be able to write when the bug huts me. and it's more amazing to read what was in my mind and heart during those times.
hugs,
xoxoxo

Becca's Dirt said...

Glad to see a post. Just stopped to say Hi. Have a good day Randy.

Something To Crow About said...

There is nothing better than a hen house full of cackling hens, nests full of eggs and watching it all happen! Facebook is a new adventure for me as well. Have fun with your chicken journey! Gideon

Callie Brady said...

Very good to know that things are going along well. Hope so see you back posting soon. Take care. Have a good weekend.

LindaG said...

Just wanted to say I hope you're all doing well! :)

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

I just found your blog --- I'm a new chicken owner myself and it's been incredible. I'll be visiting more often and catching up on some old entries! Nice to meet you!

John Going Gently said...

randy you are alive!!!
well how the hell are you!